Rehearsal Tracks notes
- For each track the accompaniment will play in the left speaker with the specific part (or parts) for that track will play in the right speaker. You may need to check your speaker balance if you are having troubles hearing either part.
- There is a practice track for all solos.
- I have included a MIDI file with all parts saved on a separate track for each selection.
- If anyone would like to use the Finale files for any reason, such as creating SmartMusic assessments, let me know and I will get them to you.
America the Beautiful (arr. Marvin Gaspard)– SSATBB
- TTBB sung by the Turtle Creek Chorale, directed by Dr. Timothy Seelig
Famine Song (arr. Matthew Culloton)– SSAATTBB, 2 solos
- Practice tracks by Matthew Curtis https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDhQBcgbs5l5bQgr4Vv7ZVyAbjDeuYEy7
- Solo tracks start at measure 30.
Hallelujah (Beethven/McAlister) – SATB
- Practice tracks by Matthew Curtis – English https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSS4Sk82i9VQptA8qDsTSlQkWni5lZUPl
- There are two sets of practice files for this piece. The first set is at full tempo and the second set (marked SLOW) has had the tempo decreased from measure 19 to the end.
Lambscapes (Eric Lane Barnes) – SATB
- Each movement has its own practice file.
- Gregorian Chant – There is only one practice file for this movement. If you have seen the music you will understand why.
The Music of Living (Dan Forest) – SSATB
- Practice tracks by Matthew Curtis https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5kHQHgtcy2bvZEsiqC8kxKZEuWHBDnH
Tree of Peace (Gwyneth Walker) – SSAATTBB
- Practice tracks by Matthew Curtis https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtbyfD2UJcq5pktJkdHxdt2M3s4EPEc4y
- TTBB sung by the San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus, directed by Dr. Timothy Seelig
- Due to the piano accompaniment dropping out frequently throughout this song the accompaniment track includes a click track for the entire song.
Truly Brave (arr. Mac Huff) – SSATBB, 2 solos
- Both beginning solos are on the same track.
- The part marked “Group 2” in measures 65-71 does not have its own rehearsal track.
We have added an event to our Chorus Calendar. Three of our ensemble groups have been invited back to our capitol to sing on December 19th. This event will be an all day event where our Ensemble groups: Cantare, Bel Canto, and Sotto Voce will travel to Pierre and sing at the Capitol. More information will be given at a later date.
Click the link below for the September 2017 Chorus Newsletter.
• Chorus T-Shirts:
Each student in Cadet, Girls Chorale, and Concert Choir will be required to purchase a chorus t-shirt for the Fall Concert. Please see the link below for the order form. The due date for all sizes and payments are due on October 2nd, 2017
Click below for the T-Shirt/Shoe Order Form:
• Chorus Shoes:
All ladies new in Chorus will be required to purchase shoes through by the school. All sizing will be done during class and will need to be ordered by November 1st, 2017. All payments must be turned in no later than November 1st, 2017. If any returning members need new shoes due to sizing or they have been lost please contact Mrs. Maxfield . The order form link is above and on the same form as the t-shirts.
Each student must provide one box of Kleenex for their chorus class.