you and your students, we are so happy that you will be a part of the 46th SD Honor Choir!
Your students will experience a week of singing like no other! They will work
with a professional choir director that will challenge them to make wonderful
music and increase their choral knowledge that they will bring home to your
Please read EVERYTHING in this email, as you and your singers are responsible for this information!
- · Here is the letter to share
with each of your singers. This contains the basic information about
camp; dates, costs, etc.
· Here are the camp rules and
information about the Honor Choir Foundation.
· MOST IMPORTANTLY: our online camp
registration form! Please keep this link on your computer
and share it with each singer! They have the option to pay directly to
PayPal, or to mail check/money orders to me. They also have the option to
have the money sent by the school.
NOTE: Every year I have a student
or director ask about coming late to camp. Your singer MUST be in
attendance at the first rehearsal, or they will not be allowed into camp.
The Camp Director will be sending information as to the exact time of this
rehearsal, but it is usually around 5:30 pm on the Sunday that camp starts.
*Notes about the online registration form:
They will need to scan the front and back of insurance
cards. If they don’t have medical insurance, they have an option to check
a box indicating such. They will have to do one or the other to send the form.
They will have to pay directly to PayPal (for a $9 fee), or choose
an option to mail a check/money order to me, or if your school is paying, they
can choose that option.
We hope that this will help streamline the entire registration process for
everyone! Please let me know if you have concerns or questions about
anything for camp. Please share all of this with your honored singers as soon
as possible, so that they will be able to make the June 1st deadline!
SD-ACDA Senior Honor
Choir Camp Registrar
cell: (605) 351-6746
2019-2020 CHOIR DEPARTMENT CALENDAR
July 28-August 2 SD Senior Honor Choir – Augustana University
August 9 Patriot Power Day
August 13 Concert Choir Retreat – 8:30 am to 12:00 pm (LHS Choir Room)
September 25 All-State Chorus Auditions – 3:15 pm (LHS Choir Room)
October 1 SD Jr Honor Choir & Regional Honor Choir Audition Deadlines
October 1-8 Reserve Auditorium for Fall Concert
October 3 Coronation – Chamber Singers
October 8 Combined Rehearsal with 8th Graders – 6:00 PM (LHS Auditorium)
October 8 Fall Concert – 7:00 PM (LHS Auditorium)
October 10 SDSU All-State Day
November 1&2 All-State Chorus & Orchestra (Sioux Falls)
December 4 Ensemble Tea Concert – 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM (LHS Choir Room)
December 9 Reserve Auditorium for Winter Concert
December 16 Winter Chorus Concert – 7:00 PM (LHS Auditorium)
January 15 Middle School Department Tour – Patrick Henry
January 22 Middle School Department Tour – Edison & McGovern
January 17-18 SD Junior Honors Choir (Rapid City)
January 29 Ensemble Auditions – 3:30 PM (LHS Choir Room)
February 3 Concert Choir – Concert with Gustavus Choir – First Lutheran – 7:30 PM
February 13-15 South Dakota Music Conference
March 4-7 Regional ACDA Honor Choir/Conference (Milwaukee, WI)
March 10 Region II Solo/Ensemble Contest
April 7-11 Concert Choir Rotational Travel
April 3-4 SD Honor Choir Auditions
April 15 Region II Large Group Contest (Brandon)
May 4 Ensemble Dessert Show – 6:30 & 8 PM (Central Oak Room)
May 11 Dress Rehearsal for Spring Concert
May 11 Spring Pavilion Concert – 6:30 PM
May 24 Graduation – 1 PM
All students will wear robes for our concerts, which will be provided, however they must have the proper attire to wear underneath the robe.
Boys: Dress black pants, dress black shoes, black socks, t-shirt
Girls: Dress black shoes (matching choir shoes), skin-toned nylons, skirt or dress, t-shirt
- EACH STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO BRING 1 BOX OF KLEENEX!
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click “ENTER / LOG IN” in the upper right corner.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your student’s program account using the following School Code:
- This will bring up the main “Public” page. This will allow you to look at the “public” calendar for your organization, event list, and handouts and other “publicly shared” files, as well as a few other options.
- The first time you go here, enter your child’s ID NUMBER (provided by your Director) into the Student Area Password field. You will be directed to the Change Password screen, to set a personal password different from the ID, for future use. You may also be directed to create both a unique Username and Password for the student. There are also mechanisms to recover/reset a lost Username/Password – when you create your new password, create a “hint” as well.
- Whenever you enter using this Username/password, another more detailed screen appears, with various button options for you to access areas in the Charms account. What appears here is partially up to the Account Administrator or Head Director.
- Here is an area in which you can help the director/administrator
maintain his/her records:
- Update Personal Information – if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your and your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers / cell carriers and email addresses if they change) to help them communicate with you more effectively. You may also be able to indicate which parent volunteer/resource groups you would like to participate in, if this feature is activated. Click Update Info to save changes.
- The Calendar may list events, rehearsals, and volunteer/RSVP opportunities.
- Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. Stay up to date on what’s going on with your student!
- You can also download the Charms App to your smartphone – search your App Store for “Charms Parent/Student Portal” (or “Charms Blue”). It’s the way to stay in touch on the go!